Monday, April 18, 2016

Time for a Reading Break!

No matter what is going on in my life, I love taking the time to escape in a story-filled novel: romance, comedy, mystery or Sci-Fi. Here are my next three recommendations.


Cinnamon Toasted by Gail Oust


This is a humorous murder/mystery story starring 40-ish divorcee Piper Prescott.  She’s sassy & charming and totally relatable.  Through no fault of her own, she always finds herself in sticky situations like finding dead bodies and feeling obligated to solve crimes.  I mean, what’s a girl suppose to do, allow her mother-in-law to be convicted of a crime she didn’t commit?  The story is engaging & funny and I enjoyed it.  Warning: sweets and treats are mentioned often and it's highly possible you might get a craving.  Also, cool recipes can be found at the end of the book. 

 Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts


I couldn’t help but remember my own wedding while reading this book: all the details, the stresses, & ultimately the excitement of spending the rest of my future with a man I adore & love.  How much easier would my wedding process have been if I’d had a “Vows” team running the show.  Led by Parker, Mac, Emma & Laurel form a team to cover all the facets of a wedding: the photos, the flowers, the cake & all the details in between.  All three characters  have found their mates except for Parker.  This is her & Malcom’s story.  Read about the other girls in the Bride Quartet Series: “Vision in White”, “Bed of Roses” and “Savor the Moment”.

 In Search of a Love Story by Rachel Schurig



Emily feels she’s at a crossroads with her romantic life.  After a bad break-up, she allows her friends Ashley and Ryan to coach her using the elements of romance found in the most famous romantic books & movies.  She meets Greg in an unusual way & begins a relationship that seems like a story taken right out of those books & movies.  But is she being true to herself? It’s ultimately a story about a girl finding who she really is and coming into her own.  I couldn’t help but root for Emily.  Maybe you will too.  

Best way to avoid boredom is by reading...
I carry one around for sure. ☺

I may have been attached to a few of my favorite fictional characters. ☺
Please feel to share any book recommendations you have for me. My current "To Read" list is pretty long but I have no problem adding to it. ☺ Comment below or Tweet me.
 
Children ERetail LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment