Thursday, August 9, 2018

When Books Just Feel Like a Hug

I periodically review--but mostly recommend--books that I enjoy and I make an effort to come up with interesting titles for the blog.  Thankfully, there are memes that inspire me. For this entry, this one stood out. 
Yes, sometimes, reading a great book does feel like a hug! Big shout-out to whoever came up with this gem! Here are my current recommendations:


Without You (Changing Hearts Series Book 1) by [Vargas, Yesenia]
 
Without You by Yesenia Vargas

This story begins at the tale end of high school when Ariana and Lucas first meet.  They are seniors and will be moving on to college upon graduation.  They fall in love and have to deal with all those crazy & scary feelings, but then must decide if the relationship is strong enough to withstand the distance post high school. It’s all about choices & as a reader I was rooting for them to make the right ones. The characters are of Latin descent & I loved how the author incorporates some language and culture while telling a very relatable story.  The main heroine, Ariana is strong and is a great role model for girls.  And Lucas is all kinds of sweet & kind. It’s not hard imagining falling in love with him.  I really enjoyed this beautiful story of young love.


Rock Her by Inglath Cooper  

The chapters alternate to tell the story in the perspectives of the characters: married couple Lizzy & Ty, their daughter Kylie, and rock star musician Ren.  I enjoyed “hearing” their voices because it shows how the same situation can be seen from so many points-of-view and not just a right or wrong, or bad person versus good person.  It’s also a look at how a marriage can pretty much implode on itself and how quickly the blame is attached to one particular person.  But every marriage takes two, and choices, even in small ways are made every day. Relationships are so complicated—between a man & a woman, and between parents & kids.  It’s all seen in this really entertaining story.

Escape in You by Rachel Schurig   

Zoe and Taylor are from different sides of the track, but surprisingly similar in their life struggles. Zoe feels trapped in her home life, having to take care of a mentally unstable mother.  Taylor is also trapped taking care of a mother who doesn’t hide her disdain of him and blames him for the loss of her son, Taylor’s beloved older brother.  They find solace in each other & develop intense feelings that could be love.  But they’re both afraid to trust in it and in each other.  Mix in some partying, alcohol, drugs and misunderstandings and you have yourself some serious life drama.  I found myself emotionally reacting during key parts of the story.  And I loved the romance between the two characters.  This love story is amazing. 



I hope you check out some of these titles! Let me know if you enjoyed them. I'd love to hear some feedback. 

A dream, a fantasy, a thought.....
 
Always thankful for everything & I love thinking of my gratitude as bookends!


Shop for Thousands of 100% Authentic Autographed Televsion Collectibles at HollywoodMemorabilia.com

Are you ready for Halloween? The best costumes go fast; get yours today and beat the rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment