Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Be the Church

I could never have grasped the concept of my Church closing down for services for any reason I could fathom. Within the past few months of the Covid-19 life, that has become the reality. Fortunately for me, my particular Parish Church has continued to offer Sunday services, as well as daily prayer services. Ironically, I feel like I'm more in tune with my spiritual life these days than I was Pre-Covid.  I hope that I can somehow sustain that indefinitely.

Most recently, a movement has grown to start opening churches because they are "essential" & people "need" them. I recently saw a rather rude argument online for and against opening from two "church-goers" who were not behaving with kindness toward each other.  I can only imagine what a non-believer would think upon witnessing their exchange.  Is this what they stand for?  Attacking one another & working towards invalidating their feelings?   I'm the first person to say, I don't really know what the right thing to do is ALL the time. I may weigh the pros & cons & can completely understand why someone would want to let life go on as normal & open everything up.  But I also understand that people are afraid for their lives and they fear catching the virus or passing it to loved ones who may be unable to recover. I empathize with both perspectives. And I've heard the tragic stories of people who've lost their lives.  And I've also heard of people suffering because their livelihoods have been taken away.  It's sad & awful all around.
But fighting about whether or not Church should open? I would hope we wouldn't do that. Like I said previously, I sometimes struggle with what the right thing to do is.  But one thing I'm fairly confident about is, is that Church WILL open again.  It will.  But in the meantime, being kind to each other is the true manifestation of the Church--service to one another & supporting each other, giving when in the position to do so--that is the Church. Here is something wonderful an online friend of mine posted:

Practical ways to be the church in the world when you can’t physically attend church.

1. Join or start a pay it forward group. These community groups connect those in your area with too much to those in need!
2. Start a “text support” or “mentor” group. This will connect those who need to talk and need support via text or email to those who have the energy and mental resources to offer support and connection.
3. Help the youth leaders start a teen ministry discord group for teens to connect, chat, watch movies, and play games in real in and in a secure environment.
4. Start a food redistribution center. These work by people bringing in their extras, including fresh garden harvests, and exchanging them for goods they need.


I love that idea:  Be the Church.     


  Shop for Thousands of 100% Authentic Movie Collectibles at HollywoodMemorabilia.com

Up to $108 Off Pre-order Discount for Eufy Best Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment