Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Long Beach is Special

My family chuckles at me as I say once again (after more than a few observations & conversations), "Long Beach is special".  I truly, genuinely believe in this statement.  Opportunists & looters (completely & separate from peaceful protestors) descended on this spirited city and ransacked, looted & even burned some businesses.
Picture taken from Long Beach 908 Magazine's Facebook Page
The next morning, volunteer clean-up crews organized throughout the city to help businesses clean up all the mess. Some of my First-Born's high school classmates (which he's very proud of) took part in clean-up efforts which comforts me in knowing that we have some amazing youth/young adults (representing the city) who will undoubtedly contribute to the betterment of our society.
Picture from The Pike Outlets' Facebook Page

I'm not sure if looters & vandals have more plans to invade our city, but I'm rooting for my fellow Long Beach folks. I'm rooting for them to continue to speak out for what's right--justice & peace--but to also help protect & rebuild our city.  Because, yes, I'm going to say it again, Long Beach is special.   

https://kidscool-space.myshopify.com/products/girl-jeans-loose-fit-wide-leg-elastic-ankle-hem-printed-denim-pants

No comments:

Post a Comment