Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Don't Cry Over a Spilled Cart


We've been spending some quantity time at our home improvement store lately and I'm going to be honest, it's not my favorite thing. Full disclosure, I'm not a great shopper in general.🙅 I am, however, a self-proclaimed people watcher expert.  At these kinds of stores, you'll see couples looking at paint samples, people in work clothes gathering supplies for some kind of project, people filling their carts with gardening supplies and so on. Some may look happy, some have a look of determination and some just look overworked/overwhelmed. All have personal stories and motivations for being at a home improvement store on any given day.

On this particular visit, we were looking for some kind of lumber or lumber alternative to create a base for a shed we're putting together. Naturally, we go up and down the aisle as The Huz decides this might work, no it probably won't and ok, this will do.  It can be a tedious process that I often have low patience for but I know that The Huz likes my company and moral support for these kinds of projects. So, I go and try my darndnest to be a kind and patient wife. 😜

I noticed a guy with a scarf mask gathering his stuff and filling his cart...lumber, planks, those kind of heavy materials. We were near the exit and the side check-out area just because our final purchase was in that vicinity. As that scarf mask guy exited, he made a sharp turn with his cart and all the contents (big heavy wood pieces & more) just spilled. I remember making a gasping noise as he frustratingly looks at what just happened to him. Everyone around just seemed to go about their business. The Huz and First-Born, who at the time were looking for a cart just outside the exit, saw the whole thing & immediately walked over there to help.  They started picking up his (heavy) purchases and placing them back on the cart.  Their action may have spurned two workers to go out there and help as well (they may have also gone out there on their own regardless of The Huz and the First-Born, but that's just how it happened).  I stayed back because I can't lift heavy things and would only be in the way. I could only see them, not being within earshot. When they re-entered, I felt compelled to take a picture (above) just because I felt proud of their kindness. 

Since I didn't hear what happened, I asked and The First-Born said the scarf mask guy was flustered and stressed that all his stuff fell. But he was thankful for their help. I hope that he felt just a little less stressed and alone knowing he had help at that time. Who knows what his story is and why he was at the store, by himself, at that particular time with all those heavy materials? But at that moment of need, he had help. And my guys were there to offer it.  

Sometimes, it really is just the little things, the little moments--a blip in time. And we never know how one small gesture, one kind word can make someone feel. So, just choose kindness. Sending light & love to everyone! XOXO 😘



     

 ERetail LLC

NiteTours VIP Club Crawl

No comments:

Post a Comment