Friday, September 2, 2022

Can't Converse, I'm Reading a Book

I've realized that reading and getting immersed in the characters and stories of an entertaining book is an acceptable reason to avoid unpleasant interactions (introvert or not). 😁LOL! So, go ahead, indulge in a good self-care book! Here are some contemporary romance selections I recommend if you're looking for ideas. Mature audiences only.


The Leftover Club by Ginger Voight
: This story follows the dramatic journey of Veronica Lawless. It goes back & forth from her childhood years, to her middle-school years, to high school, to young adult, to all the way to her full grown adult life. Throughout it all, Dylan is a constant. I’m not sure if that’s necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but as the story progresses the reader gets insights on what she’s thinking & feeling, & one can’t help but just hold on for the rough ride. There are moments that make you cringe & moments that you feel angry for Veronica. It was an emotional roller coaster & I enjoyed it very much. 

 

 


Goody Two Shoes by Janet Elizabeth Henderson
: Super cute story about an American performer and a Scottish spunky community leader. Josh is tired of the single life and is ready to settle down and have a family.  But he doesn’t believe in romance so he gets his best friend/manager to set him up in an arranged marriage.  Josh ends up choosing Caroline to be “the one”.  He finds her amusing and attractive, wants to protect her & is looking forward to marrying her and starting their life.  But he doesn’t love her, love her.  I found myself giggling during this story.  There are some super fun characters I wish I could actually hang out with.  And as Filipinos often say, I felt “kilig” (tingles) in some moments. 

 

 

 


Gabe: Alvarez Security Agency by Maryann Jordan
: I was moved several times during moments of this story.  Not sure if it’s hormones (LOL!) but I actually shed some tears. Gabe and Jennifer have a beautiful love story. Jennifer is one of those characters that garners inspiration and respect—kind, caring & giving. And Gabe, who’s made mistakes in his past but is amazing as well, falls super hard for her without even really knowing who she is. There are many lovable characters surrounding them as well as unscrupulous ones and danger along the way.  Be ready to get all emotional in all the right ways with this one. 

 


 
I honestly don't know if this quote is relatable, but I just love the advice to just read to kids.

Book & coffee.  Need.  LOL!

💓

  Soundcore Logo 
Art of Tea is Donating 5% of All Matcha Tea Sales to Gift of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment