Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A New School Year of Firsts and Lasts

Today is the beginning of a bittersweet year for this Mom. My youngest--the baby--is now in middle school.  That alone is hard for me to grasp since I can still clearly see his bright shining little face declaring his need to go see "It's a Small World" at Disneyland.  And my first-born, also a baby in my eyes,  is officially in the 8th Grade--the last year of middle school--ready to embark on a few adventures during the year, spreading his wings & heading towards independence.  I would gladly bury my head in the sand & stay in state of denial, but time refuses to indulge me.
It was so hectic in the morning, but I'm glad I was able to snag these precious moments with these boys. First day of 8th Grade & 6th Grade.

Throwback picture: Here is the Huz with our boys about 7 years ago.  The boys were so small compared to how they are now.  
This year, I vow to really & truly take in all the moments.  It's the last year for the boys to be in the same school for a while (or ever, depending on where there academic journeys take them) and since time refuses to stand still, all I can do is make sure I feel every emotion I need to feel.  The Mom life--the parenting journey--is not always the easiest, but it's so incredibly rewarding.  It's about teaching your kids to NOT need you anymore.  How profound is that?!  And it hurts a bit too. But mostly because time travel hasn't happened yet and we can't go back in time & kiss their small little faces anymore.  But the bright side is, we can hug & kiss their big faces (although discreetly & not in front of anyone). And we can cultivate a new relationship with our older kids...respecting their boundaries and giving them their independence to discover themselves.  I'll be working on that more & more since both my boys are in Middle School now.  I'm here ready to listen, give advice, and hang out with them.  But I'm mostly watching, admiring...and definitely loving them with all my heart!
Completed their first day as an 8th Grader and a 6th Grader. ♥
I'm so proud of my boys!
Wishing my two hearts a great year of academic & spiritual growth.  Always, always know that you are loved very deeply. ♥♥

Check out the great Daily Deals at PSIAdoreYou.com. 10% of profits go to children battling cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment