Monday, July 29, 2019

Many Favorite Moments from San Diego Comic Con 2019

We've been attending the ever-popular San Diego Comic Con for 5 years now and it seems that every year it continues to get bigger and bigger. 🙀 The crowds are massive and there are lines for most everything of interest especially since there are exclusives and other desirable gimmicks.  For the avid geek--those interested in their genres be it gaming, movies, tv, anime and what-not--all challenges and whatever suffering one may endure is all worth it. I'm fascinated by it all & I can't help but admire my lovely companions (The Huz & 2 sons) for being great planners and truly making the most of their time and allowing themselves to have some successful acquisitions. 👍
 
The guys went all-in in their cosplay--forming a Kingdom Hearts squad. The Youngest transformed into Vanitas, The Huz embodied Lego Sora (so much work was put into this cosplay) & the First-Born morphed into Riku. Many people appreciated their interpretations and many photos were taken.
The First-Born switched up his cosplay to a Nintendo Fighting Mii on the last day of the Con in honor of the time we spent in the Nintendo Lounge. 🎮 He really enjoyed this and got many compliments. 

One of my favorite memories of the event was the touching moments involving the Youngest who was brilliantly cosplaying Vanitas from Kingdom Hearts--wearing a long dark cloak-like outfit with a black tinted helmet that completely covered his face. Those that were aware of the character expressed appreciation for its authenticity and others just seem to react to how "scary" he was especially since he seemed to walk with a foreboding glide throughout the exhibit & panel halls. 
While he was walking, a cute boy in a wheel-chair dressed as Riku saw him and expressed excitement at seeing him. The Youngest stopped to take a picture & posed as if he were fighting him which is in keeping with the character.  The boy was so thrilled at being "attacked". 😂 
On another day, he motioned for me to stop because he spotted something (I didn't see it at first) & asked me to take a picture.  I had no idea what he was going to do, but then he proceeded to get the attention of an elderly lady in a wheel chair cosplaying as a Queen sitting on the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones. Vanitas then proceeded to kneel (bend the knee) seemingly paying the ultimate respect. 
She smiled so wide & I could tell she was extremely tickled by it. Of course, I was just so proud and touched by the choices he was making.  He's only 13 and honestly doesn't really understand the huge impact of his kindness.  Of course, as his mother, I praised him. In his normal fashion he responded with "I just thought it was a cool pose." 😏 It's ok, my baby.  Continue to think being good to people is ordinary.  I'm just proud of you, as well as The Huz & his big brother (The First-Born).  I always say life is not always perfect--there are as many downs as there are ups--and the loves of my life get on my nerves as much as they fill me with so much pride & love. 😄 But the best moments, the touching memorable moments of joy they give me makes it all worth it!

**This year's Comic Con 2019, 50th Anniversary year, was held on July 17 (Preview night) through July 21st.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment