Monday, March 14, 2022

Not About Gas Prices

As we waited in a gas line at 7am--a line that I've never seen formed at my regular station before this day--I was feeling all kinds of feelings about the situation. It made me think about the past two years and seeing people unfavorably react to situations outside of their comfort zone...shortages of toilet paper because people were hoarding, extremely long lines at popular grocery stores even though there were other places that didn't have lines, and people making current events into angry political discussions (does the Virus even exist, should we wear a mask or not, is the vaccine meant to microchip us?). I feel like everything that happens is somehow designed to yet again, polarize people and create a triggering argument (not a civil discussion) about one thing or another. 

I'm privileged that I'm able to go about my days feeling relatively safe. I live in a comfortable home with people I love. Our kitchen is well-stocked and are even able to enjoy a nice meal out every once in a while. We are able to enjoy entertainment in various forms (streaming services, books, music, video games and more) and going back to the subject of cars and gas, we're able to access transportation and get where we need to go. 

Are there ups and downs? Yes.  Always. Such as life. And it's ok to feel awful and even wallow in your sorrows when necessary.  But along with those moments, there is (and it's not just a famous saying) there is always, always something to be thankful for. 

Also, when things like increased gas prices, or supply shortages, or whatever else is going on in any given current time, we have to make adjustments in how we conduct life. One social media acquaintance posted that she decided she was going to make her own coffee instead of going to her daily franchise stop (there is so much savings in this choice). We re-adjust our budget when necessary, make cuts where we need to and lifestyle revamping (like maybe eating out less). It's all part of life and we're still more privileged than someone having bombs go off around them or calling a shelter your home. 

I'm not trying to minimize anyone's thoughts or feelings on whatever subject they want to rant about or dwell on. If that's what you want to do, do it. But I choose to just take things day-by-day, and focus on what I'm thankful for, always hoping that situations get better. 

Sending light & love out into the universe. 😘

christmas gifts and favors The Original in Vegas Nightlife Entertainment!  

No comments:

Post a Comment