Monday, March 28, 2022

Redeeming Love: A Story that Touched my Heart (A Feature Film)

I came upon this movie just as a happenstance when I was scrolling through the movie section of a streaming service we currently have. I'm not going to promote that service because movies often come and go and jump around between streaming services.  I'm lucky to have had the chance to watch it as the subject and story, although extremely hard to watch at times, came full circle into an inspiring journey of loss, hardship, forgiveness, strength and love. 

The character of Micheal was unreal in the most hopeful way. The Huz, who was watching with one eye (and interested, I may add) while working at the same time, kept saying, "there's something wrong with him," and he meant it in the best way.  Michael is kind, non-judgemental, open minded, understanding and forgiving. He's the epitome of what a "Christian" person should aspire to, and unfortunately, I've never truly seen in actual life (although I've encountered many a "preaching" Christian). 

The character of Angel is a multi-faceted person,  having dealt with the hardships of life at a very young age through no fault or choosing of her own. She is understandably hardened by life and cynical of any goodness or kindness she encounters. 

Michael and Angel are the two main characters in the film, but there are a host of side characters to round out this very full story--characters you will feel the utmost sympathy for as well as characters you want to throw on the side of a boat in an ocean of hungry sharks. 🙅 Not sorry about it. 😑

I can tell you, while watching this movie, I found myself sad and angry about human nature. But there's also so many chances to feel hopeful as well.  And while I thought choosing this movie to watch was just to pass the time and maybe feel entertained, I felt that I received more from it that I would ever have expected. It's drama-filled.  And again, it's hard to watch at times, but there is a reason for everything and I did feel a payoff from my emotions. Because of the subject matter, this is for mature audiences only.  And it was also a movie adapted from a novel so read that too, if you're so inclined. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment