Tuesday, March 28, 2023

My Conditional Love of Rain

    Talking about the weather is probably the most basic topic of conversation. But, deng, it's been raining a lot lately and it's got me wondering how I truly feel about it--especially since I am one of those people that claims to want it and say things like, "I love the rain!" But as a Southern Californian, I haven't seen THAT much rain in my lifetime so I don't know if I really knew what I was saying. 

    I don't like driving in the rain, especially when it's pounding super heavy and I can't see the road very clearly. It gives me anxiety. I don't like puddles. I don't like soggy shoes. And I don't think umbrellas do a very good job keeping people dry, especially when it's windy. I definitely don't like being IN the rain, walking around in it, getting my clothes wet. Wow. Can I ever say, "I love the rain!" ever again?! I might have to think twice.

    But I do love the rain, right?  Yes, sometimes, when it's on my terms.  Like, when I'm at home and it's tapping on the roof or the window. I'm underneath a cozy blanket, safe and sound. I love the clean way rain makes me feel, like it's cleansing the world around me. I love the wild flowers that pop up as a result of so much rain. I love the many benefits rain provides--water, healthy plants. 

    Rain is lovely--overall.  But yeah, I can be over it sometimes too. 😁 But yes, I do love the rain.  I do. 🤷🤣

    Children

No comments:

Post a Comment