Sunday, March 17, 2024

Something, then Rest

We went on a much anticipated week-long cruise a couple of months ago (deng, time moves fast) and somehow, during the first three days, I had some stomach issues and I wasn't feeling at my absolute best. I was able to participate and enjoy myself but in-between activities, I would go back to my stateroom and rest--lay down, even nap. I was disappointed in myself because I just wanted to be energetic and go-go-go.  But my body was letting me know it wanted something else. 

By about the third day of the cruise, I felt much better and closer to the energy I wanted to have. This cruise, as a whole, was super memorable for my family and we had such an amazing time. And I'm happy I allowed myself time to focus on resting the first three days in order to enjoy the remainder of the week.

Taken at the port of Ensenada, Mexico. As a family, we just naturally have a lot of silly moments, but rarely is it captured on camera since pictures are often posed & such...so I personally love this candid shot. So thankful for family. 💓
The idea of "something, then rest...something, then rest..." resonates with me in a literal sense, highlighted further by my recent experience on the cruise, but also how important the concept is in a figurative sense too--your mind, your heart, your senses....everything that makes a person a whole, strong individual. 

There are people who are go-go-go people and they thrive on constantly moving & filling up their calendars. And that's ok. Do what brings you joy or fulfills you. That being said, it's okay to be a live-in-the-moment, take-it-slow-and-rest person too. You can do something, then rest, physically and mentally. Give yourself grace. 

This is a non-judgemental zone. 🚫

Again, sending love & light to anyone that needs it. 😘

$100 OFF OVER $399 CODE: TAX100

Up to 70% off

Carbon 360®

No comments:

Post a Comment