Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Showcase of Rose Parade Floats 2017

I've been watching the Tournament of Roses Parade on television for about 35 years now. It has always been a beautiful & traditional way to start off the new year. I've always wanted to see the floats up close & personal and this year, we did it! It was an awesome experience and I feel truly privileged to see these giant artwork pieces right in front of me.
Unfortunately, television and pictures don't do these floats justice. They really are amazingly gorgeous!
The colors are so vibrant.  This one reminded me of the dragons in Game of Thrones. LOL!
I thought it was only fitting that my keyboard-playing son stand in front of this awesome float.
This was one of my favorite floats. The shell of the turtle is covered in Mungo beans (my favorite Filipino dish)!
Awesome roller coaster float.
Trader Joe's presented a pretty float and since we're regular customers, we couldn't help but feel proud too.
Not sure if anyone's still looking for him, but we may have found Nemo. ;-)
They gave complimentary chocolate milk which the guys decided to toast with in front of this awesome cow. Love this picture of these two peas in a pod. ♥
Our favorite manatee, Puffy, played the role of Simba in the Lion King. :-D
One with the birds. :-D
Again, we're big Netflix fans and I think my first-born is doing some Jedi powers with the plane. :-D
This giraffe was many people's favorite float. I think this picture of my guys is my favorite shot of the day. ♥
We managed a Felfie in the middle of the crowds. ♥
I couldn't close this dedication post of our wonderful memories of the Showcase of Floats without a little commentary on littering and trash.  Even my kids were appalled at the state of the streets after crowds started to disburse.  We were told that the streets would be cleaned, but what I'm wondering is, why is it so hard for people to discard their own trash? I couldn't fathom leaving all that debris behind knowing I was responsible for causing it.
I mean, c'mon, that's just gross!
2017 came so quickly. I wish everyone nothing but peace, love & joy in the coming days.  Just as I will try to continue to do, let's keep negativity out of our lives, treat people with respect & kindness and contribute to making the world a better place (or at least not hurting it).
 
 

Are you ready for Halloween? The best costumes go fast; get yours today and beat the rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment