Thursday, January 4, 2018

No One Else Can Play Your Part But You

Within the past couple of years, You-Tubers have become Pop Culture beasts (very popular).  My sons' peers idolize names that I've never heard of.  And as in-tune as I'd like to think I am about current events, that genre has never appealed to me, although I have general knowledge of names in passing. Recently, controversy has hit a very prominent You-tuber for posting explicit & horrifying images of  a dead man hanging.  I've never seen the footage & have updated myself on the story by reading only a couple of articles.  I don't wish to bring more attention to that particular story.  But it does spurn me into encouraging those that wish to commit suicide to seek help. 
One particular person I knew personally (a mother, a wife), didn't seem like someone who would ever take her own life. Whatever that would look like.  She left behind a devastated husband and an even more shattered son.  Their lives will never be the same and we all wonder what could've been. But as a wife & mom myself, I have to wonder how deep in despair she must've been to believe in her heart that that drastic course of action was what was right.  I can't even imagine & therefore, shouldn't judge (although I find myself doing so unwillingly).
Notable celebrities who seemed to have everything--fame, money-- have taken their own lives as well, devastating not only their family & friends, but fans who feel like they know them personally.  Again, why didn't they get help?  We can never know.  All we can do is try to reach the ones who haven't yet made that awful and very final decision.  One life at a time. 
If you feel despair, just know, your life is worth it.  Please call 1-800-273-8255.  Talk to someone who will listen. Get help. No one else can play your part. Just you.  Only you.  Live.

Sale Art of Tea is Donating 5% of All Matcha Tea Sales to Gift of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment