Sunday, August 22, 2021

Anime and Foodie Family Adventures

We attended an anime SmileFest event at Rodeo 39 Public Market in Stanton, California and had a good time. Thanks to the forethought of The Huz, we arrived about 2 hours before the event was scheduled to begin. With some teamwork, we were able to scope out the event and get into the correct lines in order to procure the limited complimentary merchandise they advertised including a super nice Ramen Bowl with chopsticks--unexpectedly good quality for free merch.  Pro-tip: when you attend these events, be patient, be kind and also prepare to come early to avoid missing out on desired items.

While in line, The Huz got me a Hawaiian style Vietnamese Coffee from AFK First Coffee.  It's the first vendor you find right at the front entrance. This coffee is not for the faint of heart--it's pretty strong yet delicious.  I am hoping that it doesn't keep me up too late tonight though. LOL.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not one to ever order beer, but The Huz wanted a specific mug that could only be acquired with purchase so he decided to get me a Mango Beer. He doesn't drink alcohol himself.  I, on the other hand, am more of a fruity cocktail person (and not even that much), but I figured, this should be okay.  To be fair, if you enjoy beer, this selection is probably fabulous! But what I learned about myself is that I am not a beer person. Nope. That's something I wouldn't willingly get on my own. 😁
The Youngest has always wanted to try "squid ink" and I have yet to find a place we could try so it was a delight to find that Nandomo by Hironori offered a "squid ink" Ramen selection.
The broth is flavorful and the squid ink flavor is subtle. The meat is think and juicy and it all blends together deliciously to make a super tasty bowl. It's a satisfying selection and I could see ourselves coming back for sure.
From Oi Asian Fusion I had to try their Fried Chicken Adobo selection. I was expecting it to be saucier, but it was okay because it was still a tasty selection. The chicken was crispy and juicy. The soft boiled egg it came with was cooked just right. Overall, it was a tasty meal.
  The First-Born was thrilled to complete the tasks that allowed him to get limited edition merch from the event. He was/is a happy collector.
 
 

Churros with a coffee dipping sauce from Banh Xeo Boys. The churros by themselves are "just okay". But paired with that coffee dipping sauce...absolutely fabulous! 
Pandan Horchata and Pork Belly Fries also from Banh Xeo Boys is tasty and filling. They also included some pork egg rolls which were good too!

The anime portion of the event was very lively as well, with a DJ playing upbeat songs and lots & lots of attendees.  There was an enormously long line at the main SmileFest booth because people were vying for a mystery box. It was a fun event and I'm glad my family got to share it together. 

Sending light & love to you all out there. I hope you make time to enjoy the things that make you smile. XOXO 😗

Mom with Baby in Navy Blue Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment