Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Nothing is Taken for Granted, Everything is a Gift

I've been feeling a little mentally off lately. I'm not sure if it's a reaction to the empathy I feel for situations around me--wordly or far off and some closer to me personally. I'm trying to meditate and control the unnecessary worrying that I sometimes fall into because I know that just allows me to suffer twice. In the past, I would try to minimize my melancholy and/or anxiety (for lack of a better description for my "off" feelings) but now I know that it's okay to feel this way and with time, hopefully, it does pass on by. And from personal experience, it does.  It's a reminder to take care of my mental health and to concentrate on the things that bring much joy to my life--the loves in my life, the simplicity versus the chaos, and the long list of things I'm always thankful for.  

Simple joys: morning coffee, walking for movement and exercise & husband massages. 💗

The following art and poem is sad because this feels relevant to so many lives around me. That one flower seems far and unreachable, but there are flowers closer to you that you just haven't seen.

Please, turn around.

 
You're single and you need company.
You're in a relationship and you lack freedom.
You work and no time.
You have too much time on your hands and you'd like to work.
You're young and you wanna grow up to do adult things.
You're an adult and you like to do young people's things.
You're in your city but you wish you lived somewhere else.
You're somewhere else but you'd like to go back to your city...
Maybe it's time to stop always looking at what we lack and start living in the present, truly appreciating what we do have.
Enjoy the scent of your home before opening the door and going out in search of the perfumes of the world.
Because nothing is taken for granted, and everything is a gift.
Give it courage!
- Unknown Author


Up to 70% off Carbon 360®

No comments:

Post a Comment