Sunday, March 13, 2016

Positive Body Image Commercial Break

Have you seen the latest Lane Bryant commercial? No? Probably because it's been banned by several networks for "showing too much skin".  I saw it. I approve of it. And since this is my truth, justice and the American way forum, I'm posting it!

This Body is made for...
  • Turning heads
  • Proving them wrong
  • Being bold, powerful, & sexy
  • For love
  • Rocking denim
  • Style
  • Living!
  • Getting it on
  • Breaking the mold
  • Starting a revolution
What's your body made for?

And then there's actress extraordinaire Melissa McCarthy who addresses beauty and body image in the best way. Here's some of her best quotes...

What's up Melissa? Make us listen...
  • My message is that as long as everybody's healthy, enjoy & embrace whatever body type you have.
  • I've never felt like I needed to change. I've always thought, 'If you want somebody different, pick somebody else.'
  • I've been every size in the world. Parts of my twenties, I was in great shape but didn't appreciate it...if I was a 6 or an 8, I thought, 'Why aren't I a 2 or a 4?'
  • My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It's about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.
  • I have experience dressing me as a 6, a 12 & more...& when you go above a size 12, you don't lose your love of fashion.
  • With women, there's this constant weird cultural thing where we're always supposed to be comparing ourselves with one another. Who wore it best? Whose butt's better? Instead, how about if everyone wins? How intensely boring would it be if we were all the same?
Couldn't have said it any better myself. See yourself in the best light. Work towards happiness. Be you, & love yourself.


  The Original in Vegas Nightlife Entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment