Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Eat at Rotisserie Plate in Lakewood, CA

I'm a big supporter of small local businesses.  As much as we can, my family & I patronize non-franchise restaurants.  I have to admit, sometimes it can be difficult because franchise restaurants are often more affordable & the menu is familiar and reliable.  Every once in a while, we encounter restaurants that make us just want to root for them, you know? The food is good, cost effective, & most importantly the people/service are friendly and welcoming.  One such restaurant that has tripped my radar is Rotisserie Plate in Lakewood, CA.  Vegans and vegetarians need not read further...
Tasty chicken!
Here is my Yelp review:
After eating here with my family, I have this overwhelming feeling--a mission, if you will--to help spread the word about this restaurant. They have the simplest menu: obviously the rotisserie chicken (wouldn't it be funny if they didn't serve it?), mashed potatoes & gravy, rice, & other side dishes.  The food is delicious, prepared in a simple healthy way.  It's a self-serve set-up but they provide real dishes and silverware--a great earth-friendly concept.  While we were eating, someone came out & gave us a bowl of vegetable soup just to try out. We ordered another chicken because the husband wanted more & when the food came out, they gave us a complimentary sauce to try out on the side.  What fabulous customer service! They are so friendly & seemed really concerned that we enjoyed the taste of the food. And enjoy it we did! I really loved the taste of their salad, very flavorful. I didn't see a full restaurant of people & I hope this changes soon.  It's a local small business so that's an added bonus. Please come out to Lakewood, CA & give these folks a shot.
It's hard to look at this without salivating, right? 
They received other good reviews on Yelp as well. Here are just some of the positive feedback others were willing to share:
This is the restaurant this Area has been missing and finally it's here ! Simple affordable, tasty,filling, wholesome food that anyone would be happy to feed their entire family- even on a daily basis .
The owner is so pleasant and so very humble and kind and the man knows how to cook! I really hope this restaurant does well and it stays around for a very long time. The young lady Alex who works the register is also extremely helpful she knows the menu and can make wonderful suggestions based upon what you'd like. I ordered the wrap and a few additional sides. Very pleased with both the taste and the portion size. I ate my leftovers for breakfast- Yep cold right out of the refrigerator and they tasted awesome!
-
--Mrs. E. from Long Beach, CA 

 Just had dinner and it was great!!! So happy to find this place because it is almost exactly like California Chicken Cafe! Caesar salad was yummy, and the portion was huge! Enough for two definitely. The half rotisserie chicken plate with rice and pasta salad was perfect. We also got a wrap because it looked so good and it did not disappoint, it was tasty and huge! Couldn't even finish one half!---Yojoto T. from Long Beach, CA

A friend of mine referred me to this place telling me I got to try it out and it's better than the chicken spot that we've gone to in the past. I ordered a half chicken with the balsamic vinegar dressing on my salad and all I got to say is, WOW! I had the sweet and hot sauce on the side to dip my chicken in and that sweet and hot sauce is off the chain! So if you're looking for a new and more healthy type a spot to satisfy the tummy then this is the place. Customer service was excellent and with me being the first time there the owner was very helpful with his menu. I will definitely be back again to this spot.---Ron C. from Long Beach, CA 
C'mon chicken lovers, let's fill these seats! 
My babies giving their yummy grub the seal of approval!
I'm not a picky eater, but the dude next to me is & he says, come eat here! ☺

If you live near the Lakewood, CA area, come out & support this local small business. I welcome all respectful comments & even rebuttals (again, let me stress respectful) with comments below and/or Tweet me!
CLICK HERE
FASHIONABLE // Local + Global. Beautiful products by women who have overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment