Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Edible Learning...a 7th Grader's Cell Project

"Hey Mom, can you take me to the store? I have to gather stuff for my Cell project."  Thus began a fun adventure gathering edible ingredients to recreate an animal cell.  
I think he had fun eating the "mistakes" and extras. :-) 

 
Here's what he used for each cell:
Ribosomes = Beans
Endoplasmic Reticulum = Macaroni pasta
Vacuole = Ham
Nucleus = Scrambled Egg
Nucleleus = Circular Roasted Potatoes 
Cytoplasm = Melted cheese
Golgi bodies = Squished roasted potatoes
Cell Membrane = Spaghetti pasta
Mitochondria = Length wise cut hot dog
Lysosome = Circular Hot Dog

This was a fun project! And it's a great way to remember all these cell parts, especially since he had to present it in front of the class before being allowed to eat it all. Education is delicious! That's a sentence I never thought I'd write. LOL! :-)

Laga Handbags - Handmade designer handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment