Sunday, December 27, 2015

Unique Holiday Flavor 2015

My favorite word for the holiday season is festive. Festive clothing, festive decorations, festive attitude....and festive food? Well, apparently, yes! One of the more unique & definitely new-to-me gifts I received this year was a large container of Archer Farms White Chocolate Peppermint Caramel Corn Clusters.  I have to admit it was definitely a foreign item to me and I wasn't sure how my palate was going to take it.  But I tend to be a food adventurer (don't quote me on that when I'm someday possibly served something like rodent stew. *Shudders*), so of course I had to give it a try. 

Verdict: It's...okay. That may not be a rousing review, but it's my honest immediate reaction.  The caramel flavor is what stands out right away, followed by that background of peppermint flavor.  The more pieces you stick in your mouth, the more welcoming it becomes.  For me, it's just a little hard to reconcile the idea of popcorn and a minty flavor. Would I go searching for this product every holiday season? Probably not. Would I stick it in my mouth if it was offered to me? Sure. 
Of course, he loved it!
For a contrasted reaction, my Husband liked it right away. He dove right into it and sang its praises in between bites.  See? Even after 15 years of marriage, he's still unpredictable. LOL! Actually, the kids liked it too.  It's a fun Holiday flavor and a great option if you're looking for something festive!
All thoughts and opinions are genuine and completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment