Friday, December 25, 2015

Precious Christmas Memories 2015


Thankful to be in the company of these crazy people! My Loves!
It's been a very Blessed year and I'm beyond grateful that we were granted a beautiful Christmas celebrating with the special people in our lives. I've had numerous conversations with my children about privileges and being grateful for everything they have--most especially the gift of life, love & health! Above all things, it's our unity that I'm so thankful for! It is the true meaning of Christmas & I wish everyone peace: mentally and physically, to live life to its true potential and infuse goodness into the world. And whatever your beliefs are, I wish you serenity, fulfillment and the Happiness of days!

Blessed to have my partner-in-crime by my side!
Christmas Eve was spent with my husband's family, my in-laws.  Because of our busy schedules, we don't spend an abundant amount of time with them during the year, but it's always nice to touch base during special occasions--and Christmas is of the most special of holidays.
We had a nice brunch buffet set up. 
What's the best way to celebrate? Well, eating of course! This year, I brought breakfast sausage, smoked sausage, pistachio muffins, red velvet muffins, Ginger Ale, and orange juice.  My mother-in-law brought her famous potatoes (not in picture) and my sister-in-law prepared several different quiches (some made it into the picture...but there was more baking in the oven). We probably ate more than we should've. After eating, the kids (and my husband) took some time out to play!
The Lego is out!
Trains, Lego, & children (and a child-like man).
My brother-in-law getting his creativity on by busting out the paints.
And then of course, the obligatory foosball battle.
Then we had our sweet gift exchange and a constant reminder of how Blessed we are to have the things that we have. We are extremely privileged. And as I always remind the boys, the greatest gift of Christmas & all throughout the year is TIME. And in keeping with the theme of gratitude, we attended Christmas Eve Mass at our chosen Roman Catholic Parish & celebrated the Birth of Jesus with our Church community.
St. Pancratius in Lakewood, CA. Love the beautiful and festive altar.
Christmas Day greets us with life and love. The boys were filled with excitement to open their gifts from us and Santa. And once again, always reminding them and ourselves how fortunate we are to be Blessed with material things and always knowing that they are not what the Spirit of Christmas is about. Thank you, Lord, for keeping us in your Good Graces.
Blessed to have these amazing children: the best gifts ever!
He said, "This is the best Christmas ever!"
Surrounded by the loves of my life...so thankful!
Enjoying a wonderful Christmas! It's great to be on the Nice List.
Best Dad and Husband!
And finally, the rest of Christmas Day was spent with my side of the family: My Mom, Step-Dad and Brother! So unbelievably grateful to have these staunch supporters in our lives. With them, my immediate family are exposed to the truest of unconditional love. I can't express enough how thankful I am to have them in our lives!
The love is strong in these ones...
I love my Mom with all my heart!
There's lots of love between these three.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think we've fully recovered from all the food we ate at Christmas Eve, but here we were again, eating: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie and mocha cake. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. 
Sweets!
So, I gaze at the full moon on this Christmas Day, I contentedly reflect on these beautiful two days & the days leading up to it filled with parties, caroling, music and beautiful decorations and I can't imagine asking for more. I'm beyond thankful. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment