Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My Grammy 2016 Reflections

I'm just a regular person from SoCal who loves to be entertained and genuinely enjoys Pop Music and all the hoopla that surrounds it.  I LOVE the Grammys & most of the artists.  I don't enjoy all the genres but I have mad respect for all the performers--takes guts to put your heart & soul on a stage & be open to love or criticism.  Congratulations to ALL of you! The following are my own personal reflections & opinions.

Fashion:  I don't do worst dressed lists.  Style is a personal choice. I may not personally like something someone puts on themselves, but I refuse to openly criticize. Express yourself the way you want.  So, here are MY personal favorite looks of the night.
Demi Lovato
Demi is wearing Norisol Ferrari.  I noticed that she made some worst dressed lists last night and that really surprises me.  To me, black is just a classic color and it's hard to get that wrong. The low V-neck blazer is elegant and sexy and continues that theme with the high slit skirt.  The necklace accessory is perfect for the edgy feel of The Grammys.
Source: Daily Mail 
Chrissy Teigan
Chrissy is wearing a Yousef Al-Jasmi creation.  I love her adorable baby bump and the dress does a great job accentuating her soon-to-be-a-mom curves.
Source:  US Weekly
Ellie Goulding
Ellie is wearing Stella McCartney.  I love the soft pink color.  The dress has an edgy back detail that makes it appropriate for The Grammys.
Source: Star Tribune

Now on to the Performances of the night:  I was mostly entertained.  Here are my stand-outs.
  • Loved Taylor Swift's opening performance of "Out of the Woods". That song is so catchy. And I think she looked great in her glittery cat suit--with boots! 
  • Tori Kelly and James Bay performing "Let it Go" and "Hollow" turned in a solid performance & proved that they are true professional musicians. 
  • The Cast of Hamilton performing "Alexander Hamilton" was so great.  But I couldn't get passed noticing how attractive the guys are! Can we say shallow? At least I'm owning it, right? They're definitely a talented cast and it's a great bonus that they're easy on the eyes too.
  • The Weeknd did a great job with "Can't Feel My Face" & "In the Night". These are two awesome songs with strong bass beats and I admire his choice of presenting them in a simple way to accentuate his voice and the song themselves.  
  • Lady Gaga did a wonderful tribute to David Bowie.  I really enjoyed the very artistic staging, costumes and performance.  I think David Bowie would've approved.  
  • And one of my favorite performances of the night is....Justin Bieber!! What??!!! Yes, I said it! I feel Justin is a great talent.  I love his stripped down voice in "Love Yourself". And I enjoyed the steroid version of "Where are U now?" People love to criticize and make fun of this guy, but if he just concentrates on his music he can really go even further in his career.  He's got actual talent to back up all that hype. :-)
Source: Spin 

Favorite Moment?  Taylor Swift's speech when accepting her award for Album of the Year. She addresses the recent accusation of a certain someone who shall remain nameless who claimed credit for her career & her success.  She said, "And as the first woman to win Album of the Year at the Grammys twice, I want to say to the young women out there, there are going to be people along the way who try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame. But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday when you get where you’re going, you will look around and you will know it was you and the people who love you who put you there, and that will be the greatest feeling in the world"   Testify, Taylor! :-P
Source: Just Jared

Final thought? LL Cool Jay is hot.  He's still got it. :-)

Til next time, Grammys! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment