Monday, February 1, 2016

Our Fun Day at The La Brea Tar Pits

Felfie outside The La Brea Tarpits.
Despite living in SoCal our whole lives, the husband & I have NEVER been to the La Brea Tar Pits before today (January 30, 2016).  For some reason, it just kept alluding us as kids.  The husband was suppose to go on a field trip in elementary school and the year that he was scheduled to go, they cancelled funding. And me, well, I've been to several museums in Los Angeles and have always heard about The La Brea Tar Pits, but for some reason, just never went. So, when the Los Angeles Museum-Free-For-All date was announced, I decided this is where we would spend the day. It was a fun day & I recommend it for families who want a nice day enjoying arts, culture & history. Here is a photo-blog of our day...
First picture op we got was right as we were crossing the street.
I waited in line while the boys goofed around.
...well...while the boys AND their Dad goofed around. :-)
Small but beautiful garden area on the inside. <3
So many interesting exhibits...my youngest is petting this "cat's" tummy.
Do they have the same cat eyes? :-*
Pull out the stick to find out what's stuck in the tar. I felt like I was extracting Excalibur. ;-)
Awesome Woolly Mammoth display.
Standing in front of the massive fossil remains of a Woolly Mammoth.
The Little Dude was fascinated by the tar itself.
Mixed with all this "edumacation" ;-) is a lot of silliness.
My champion sprinter posing with his animal counter part...minus the spitter part. :-D
Run! The boys have their Indiana Jones moment! :-D
Spaghetti? Blond hair? It is whatever you want it to be. 
And last, but certainly not least...
Thank goodness the boys were around to rescue their Dad. :-P
For lunch we walked next door to The Counter, a gourmet hamburger restaurant. I wrote a Yelp review on them. :-)

I hope you enjoyed all the photographs we took of our very fun day at The La Brea Tar Pits. May it inspire you to check out the museums in your area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment