Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It's Okay to Say "No"

Are you the type of person that always feels like every "no" needs to be explained and justified ad nauseam? And as a result, feel the obligation to just say "yes" even if you don't want to do something? Most everyone feels obligated to family & friends to always give of themselves, but it can also happen at work, school, even strangers asking/demanding something of you. Well, let me submit this thought, it's okay to say "no".  It just is. Here's "10 Things You Don't Owe Anyone":
1.You don't owe anyone justification for your priorities.
2.You don't owe anyone a "yes" when you want to say "no".
3.You don't owe anyone an explanation for why you love someone.
4.You don't owe anyone a debate.
5.You don't owe anyone the meaning of what you believe in.
6.You don't owe anyone a change in your appearance.
7.You don't owe anyone friendship if it's not mutual.
8.You don't owe anyone gossip material just to fit in. (I love this one!)
9.You don't owe anyone an answer that isn't the truth.
10.You don't owe anyone anything that goes against gut instinct. 

Read Letting Yourself Say No, offering some valuable insight and advice on "saying 'no' with intention, & meaning it".
  • When it comes to toxic people or "soul suckers" as the article refers to, respect yourself enough to walk away.
  • Respect yourself enough to say no. 
  • If you don't truly enjoy something, just stop!
  • Be true to yourself & mean it!
  • Don't live a life half-hearted.
    Love this! Be the boss of your own happiness!
How to win at life!
I thought this was pretty powerful.
I think saying "no" and really meaning it without guilt or second-guessing is a life-long skill. I know that I'm still constantly working on it, but I'll be thinking of these valuable suggestions & hints when I start to doubt myself.  I hope you do too. ☺ XO
CLICK HERE
   

No comments:

Post a Comment