Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Puto: A Filipino Dessert Recipe

Puto. No, I didn't just lace you with a vulgarity. It's what Filipino's call one of the most popular desserts of the nation. It's a soft, pillowy ball of dough that's sweet enough to want "just one more" without being overpowering. It's delicious! If you are a wiz in the kitchen and want to attempt to make it instead of heading to your nearest Filipino store, here's a simple recipe. Scroll down for some random healthy tips.

Ingredients
1.150 Grams of fresh milk
2.1 egg
3.1 tbsp butter, melted
4.1 cup of  flour
5.1/2 cup of sugar
6.1 tbsp baking powder
7.Pinch of salt
8. Cheddar cheese
9. dessert molds
10. Steamer 

Directions
  • Mix wet ingredients (milk, egg, melted butter) in a bowl
  • Mix dry ingredients ( flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in another bowl
  • Add wet mixture to dry & stir together
  • Pour mixture into molds
  • Arrange in a steamer
  • Steam for 10 minutes
  • Take off heat, top with cheddar cheese
 Source & more recipes: Yummy

Since I'm sharing a dessert recipe, I feel it only balances it out if I also share healthy tips. So here it goes:
Healthy eating made easy!


My cravings attack me regularly, so I'll have to give some of these substitutes a try.
And because I consider myself to be a sincere person who happens to really love food, there's this:
Food love! ♥
Peace & love to everyone!

Enjoy $5 off your purchase at FASHIONABLE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment