Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Few Liquid Refreshments to Review

Coincidentally, I was sent three products for review from PinchMe and Premier Protein arriving on the same day. I thought, perfect, I'll review them all in one post. ☺ All three products are drinkable but very different from one another. The products are: V8® Veggie Blends, V8® + Energy Orange Pineapple Lightly Carbonated, and Premier Protein Shake. Once again, these products were sent to me free of charge, but my thoughts are entirely my own. Here are my honest reviews of each product.
V8® Veggie Blends: Carrot Mango
When I saw "Carrot Mango" as the flavor for review, I was admittedly very apprehensive about it.  I'm not a stranger to juicing and even own a juicer but my visceral instinct is to find the combination of veggie and fruit strange.  But since I'm ever the optimist, I just went for it & gulped it down. This particular flavor did not speak to my taste buds.  I found the after taste a little strange.  There's a "hint" of mango, but I found myself wanting to chase that flavor. You know, that feeling of, "I want more of that...just that.." It didn't give me enough of a reaction to want to seek it out in the future.  It's not awful though & overall it was refreshing.  But with so many choices & options out there for quenching juices, I prefer to keep searching. My boys would drink this.  Did they find it amazing and would they seek it out independently? No.
V8® + Energy Orange Pineapple Lightly Carbonated
There are so many options out there for "energy" drinks.  Most have huge amounts of caffeine and have questionable effects on one's health.  This product claims to come from green tea, provide a serving of vegetables & fruit, B Vitamins and no artificial colors & flavors. Knowing all this, I feel more comfortable drinking this than the drinks that have loads of caffeine in them.  How about the taste? The best way I can describe it is that it has a "fruity kick".  I could taste the hints of orange & pineapple and the carbonation gives it that "soda" feel. I actually enjoyed it.  Mixed reviews from my boys.  My 10-year-old took a sip & immediately liked it. He would take this drink over the previous one.  My 13-year-old didn't enjoy it.  His response was, "nah". He would choose the previous drink over this one.  To each his own.
Premier Protein Chocolate Shake
This is a fun drink to review because my guys outnumber me on this one.  I personally thought the drink was too thick, too sweet. Meanwhile, all three guys kept saying, "YUM!"  My 13-year-old said this was his favorite of the three drinks. Again, it's worth a try if you're looking for a protein packed drink shake with lots of flavor.  The shake has other flavors including vanilla, strawberries & cream, and caramel. I can only imagine how sweet those flavors would be--and I can imagine how my guys would enjoy them if their affinity for the chocolate flavor was any indication. So, it was a miss for me and a hit for my 3 guys.

Let me know what you guys thought of these drinks, if you have the chance to try them.
#ProductReview

No comments:

Post a Comment