Friday, July 8, 2016

Imagining Perfect Parenting

In my opinion, parenthood is the most rewarding yet the most challenging journey any person can take.  The act of balancing the responsibilities of time and money is so tricky. And more often than not, parents don't feel like they've hit the mark. And ultimately, no one person's parenting is better than another.  It's about the effort to give your kids better than what you experienced in life--the act of selfless love & making choices FOR them instead of ABOUT you. With that being said, I wanted to share this touching video released by LEGO Taiwan attempting to give a father an appreciation for his son's imagination. The husband and I felt choked up at about the same time in the video, when the father says, "Thank you for always wanting to leave the best for me. I promise to spend more time with you and fill your childhood with the best memories..." His words are so touching because he's acknowledging the importance of his time for his child and the selfless gift of intention his son is giving him. Raising our two boys is one of our greatest joys and the precious bonding and memories we've collected while raising them has been and is truly priceless! ♥
It's easy to doubt every day parenting choices and I know that it's only the beginning for me as my boys enter into different phases of life: middle school and teen years.  But I'm going to stick to the Family is Everything concept in handling parenthood.
Model a loving home, provide a loving home.
More sharing...parenting is serious business, but sometimes...it's also pretty darn funny.  This story has made it's way around the internet, but I wanted to share it here. The article is called Toddler Barfs in the Car, Dad Freaks, Epic Text Exchange Ensues. It's very funny, "YOU OWE ME SO BIG".  Yeah, I think I LOL'd.
Dedicated to the parents of younger kids! We've all been there!
Dedicated to all my fellow Warrior Moms out there!
Fashion Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment