Monday, November 16, 2015

My Answers to Some "Would You Rather?" Questions

The Parenting Edition...

The following questions are taken from the article  'Would You Rather?' Parenting Edition. The Game That's Making Parents Squirm. Here are my honest answers.

The Questions

Would you rather have two of every color of every cup in your house or be able to turn every hairpin in your house into a granola bar? Every hairpin into a granola bar. Can't say no to adding to our food stash.

Would you rather hear "I love you" only once ever or "are we there yet" 1,000,000 times in three days? "Are We There Yet" I want to hear "I love you" more than once in my life. I value that phrase.

Would you rather your child be out of diapers but blow their nose on your pillowcase or be in diapers but have boogers that dissolved toilet clogs? Geez, tough choices. Out of diapers. I can just launder the pillowcase. I don't have any desire to go back to changing diapers.

Would you rather be able to accurately predict your partner's rock, paper, scissor moves or a dog that can handle nighttime kid wakeups? Predict my Huz' rock, paper, scissor move. He'd be confused and amazed and I'd be more than amused. ☺

Would you rather have a child who gets up eight times during the night but wakes up at 9 a.m. or a child who sleeps through the night but wakes up at 4:30 a.m. and has a fog horn for a voice? Child who gets up eight times. The fog horn voice made the decision for me. 

Would you rather put your kids down on a public toilet you aren't able to clean first or go wipe a public toilet for your kids using only one square of toilet paper? Wipe using only one square. It's better than nothing.

Would you rather lose all of your hair or let your kids play "hairstyles" on you for three straight days with that brush they always yell at you for using? Let my kids play "hairstyles". I don't want to lose all my hair. ☺

Would you rather sit with them as they eat the peanut butter sandwich you cut into triangles like a jerk instead of circles like they asked or eat a sandwich they prepared after they went to the bathroom and "swear they washed their hands"? Sit with them...I don't want to eat anything prepared by unclean hands.

Would you rather have your partner kick you in the crotch only one time or try and play a 15-hour long game of climb on Mommy and Daddy with your kids without being able to protect your crotch? This one is a truly tough one. Okay, I'm going for it....Kick me one time. It's a risk, but I had to make a choice.

Would you rather watch Max and Ruby for three weeks straight or never watch television again, ever? Max and Ruby three weeks straight. I admittedly have never watched whatever that show is, but I'll endure it (or enjoy it) because I enjoy my television shows too much to NEVER watch it again.

Would you rather find your kid eating the cat's food or find your cat conspiring with your kid to overthrow your parenting regime? The kid eating the cat's food. It won't really hurt 'em.

Would you rather have clothes that grew as your kids did but had the attitude of a tired three-year-old or clothes that cleaned themselves but shrunk every time your child said both please and thank you? Man! Tough choices! Okay, I'm just choosing....Clothes that cleaned themselves but shrunk every time my child said both please and thank you. Having to buy more clothes could be too much., but at least I'd have polite children.
 
Would you rather have your child tell you they've made up their mind and their going to be a cliff jumper when they grow up or tell you they've made up their mind and their going to live with you when they grow up? Cliff Jumper. I love my kids and would love for them to live with me forever (I really would), but it wouldn't be what's best for them. Follow your dreams, grow, be independent. 

Would you rather have your kids walk in on you and a partner in the middle of a sexual rendezvous or have your face be permanently the color your face would be if your kids walked in on you having a sexual rendezvous? Easy...have my face be permanently the color.  I can't, I won't have my kids walk in on us.  That would be too traumatizing for all parties involved. 

Would you rather have your kids say "fuck" in your house when they wanted or have your kids say "how the fuck are you?" to their grandparents or teachers just once? "Fuck" in our house. I would not want them to disrespect others--especially grandparents and teachers

And just for the heck of it and in keeping with the theme of "games", here's some eye candy in the form of Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer playing a game of "Never Have I Ever"...       So, play a fun game of your own soon and maybe learn something about yourself!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment