Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Thankful Eyes of a 10-Year-Old

As a parent raising two boys in a "1st-World, privileged country", I feel that instilling a thankful heart and mindset in my sons is of the deepest priority.  I want them to understand how lucky they are to have their basic necessities met--food, water, shelter--and how beyond lucky they are to have things that exceed their basic needs--the privilege to have and be surrounded by their wants.  I was so touched to receive a beautiful "thank you" letter from my son this past week addressed to both his Dad & I.  It was an assignment in class, but all thoughts & words are his own, even the Scripture choice (I asked the teacher to confirm this because I was truly curious).
 Here's what he writes: Dear Mom and Dad, Thank you for caring about me for all the years of my life and helping me stay on track. "Ride on in majesty to victory for the defense of truth and justice! Your strength will win you great victories." Psalm 45:4.  You are the best parents ever, who feed me, help Puffy <that's his stuffed Manatee plush toy>, and send me to a great school with great teachers.  You take me on vacations and always cheer me on.  You never stop comforting me in times of sadness.  I can look up to you for guidance. Love,...

I'm thankful for my 10-year-old son and his equally fabulous 12-year-old brother.  They seem to have a solid grasp on what it means to be good people. I'm incredibly proud of the both of them. And I'm truly, truly grateful that they are growing positively in mind, body, and spirit. I know my husband feels the same.

Artwork that came with his thankful letter!
I Give Thanks to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength for my work. I thank Him for considering me worthy and appointing me to serve Him.

Here is my A Thankful Reflection post published last year, November 2014. One year later, still holds relevance to my life.

Wishing all the happiest of Thanksgivings!

  The Original in Vegas Nightlife Entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment