Saturday, October 22, 2016

Another Mom Hat: High School Choice Researcher

 
We've come to that moment of parenthood that came much too quickly for my preference, but nevertheless, it's here.  We are now looking into high schools for my first-born.  I've always been a private-school, Catholic school kid & parent so now we're transitioning to the public school system.  I've decided to go out of my comfort zone because we're fortunate to belong to an awesome school district with great high school pathway options. I've done some outside research & now it's a matter of talking to teachers, parents & visiting the school sites to get a clearer picture of what's right for my child.  We have a clear preference, but I want to make sure we visit and talk to other schools just to leave our options open, and/or solidify our favorite choice. And since I have two sons, I'm doing some preliminary reconnaissance for my 6th Grader too.
Visiting individual school/program booths. It's awesome to hear from teachers & students.
My 8th Grader gets to choose what feels right for him. He chose about 4 that appealed with a favorite in the forefront.
Wherever this kid ends up, I know he'll make a great contribution to the Program.
My hope is that along with a strong academic base, this kid has some great fun too.
One school/program has definitely risen above the rest in terms of what we are looking for.  We want to find a balanced high school environment focusing on strong academics and a healthy option of extra-curricular activities.  The searching process has only just begun...
 🚪
Change is stressful, so here's some funnies to help brighten your day:
There's motivation for ya!

Umm...yikes!
It's dangerous for eggs to laugh.
Sending everyone peace, love & happiness. XO ♥

invitations

No comments:

Post a Comment