Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Countdown of the Longest Week Begins....

Today, I send my first-born off on a week long academic & spiritual retreat with his fellow 8th Grade graduating class, their teacher, and chaperones.  He will be about 6 hours away driving distance, and about an hour away plane distance.  He'll be off the grid--no communication via phone--for almost 6 whole days. What seemed like an abstract concept ("oh yeah, he's going on a retreat in the 8th Grade") is now my reality. Make no mistake about it, this is going to be the longest week of my life so far. Although I feel like I'm on the precipice of a nervous breakdown and/or meltdown, I must take comfort in my Faith that he will be physically safe, gain valuable spiritual & academic wisdom & participate in a once-in-a-lifetime experience both with his class and for himself.
Group picture of the Retreat group! May God keep them safe from harm!
And the three (plus, Puffy the Manatee) left behind. We are going to have a tough week.
A chaperone parent was kind enough to send me this picture. He's safe and ready for take-off. ♥

I dedicate this prayer to my first-born. ♥
I wish my first-born the best of experiences--and the utmost safety. ♥
To my very precious son, 
Dad, Lil Bro, and I love you SO SO very much! ♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment