Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Read and Live a Thousand Lives

I'm thankful for all the talented authors out there constantly churning out amazing stories and introducing readers to fantastic characters we love, hate, or love to hate.  Please, please never stop writing because we readers will never stop reading. A specific shout-out to the writers of Contemporary Romance--my favorite genre. Here are my recent three book recommendations...



Breaking Up With Barrett (The English Brothers Series) by Katy Regnery

This is the sweet love story of business tycoon Barrett & doctoral student (who also happens to be the gardener’s daughter) Emily.  When Barrett was 8 years old, he held new-born baby Emily in his arms & from then on loved & protected her.  Through the years, he’s always looked out for her from afar while Emily lusted & held feelings for him as well.  Through a business arrangement they re-connect & become a regular part of each other’s lives, which of course makes it really hard to keep their feelings held tight.  They have a very sweet love story.  Check this one out!






Elizabeth the First Wife by Lian Dolan 

I really liked the main character, Elizabeth.  I could imagine hanging out with her. There are many references to the works of Shakespeare, but my favorite parts were about modernizing the famous works & characters to today’s pop culture characters.  There’s one moment when Romeo Montague, Hamlet, & Edward Cullen are compared & contrasted. So amusing.  And with everything going on in Elizabeth’s life (dealing with her ex-husband & family members), this novel is ultimately a love-story.  It’s a good journey & you’ll find yourself rooting for Elizabeth. 






Someone Else’s Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts  

I experienced mild whiplash when something in the story made a turn I wasn’t expecting. Chloe is the girl, Matthew, the best friend and Jason, the hot celebrity who seems to have taken an interest in Chloe.  Chloe has a past that’s filled with pain both physically & mentally which has affected how she trusts people and possibly has given her commitment issues.  So much happens in the unfolding of certain truths and just when you think you’ve figured out what Chloe is going to do, she doesn’t. The book is heartbreaking, uplifting & romantic.  It has all the elements of literary entertainment. Give it a read.  




I love this quote. I feel like I'm a part of the characters' lives when I'm reading a good book--essentially being a character myself.
 
Turn the page!
 
Nothing much, I say. 

If you have book recommendations you'd like to share with me (preferably in the Contemporary Romance genre), please tweet me or comment below!


The Original in Vegas Nightlife Entertainment! Are you ready for Halloween? The best costumes go fast; get yours today and beat the rush. gifts for grads

No comments:

Post a Comment